March 31, 2015 | Room 600
4:00pm Commil v. Cisco Discussion, co-sponsored by the Federal Circuit Bar Association
5:15pm Kimble v. Marvel Discussion; 6:30pm Reception
In PIJIP’s ongoing Supreme Court Series, a panel of counsel for amici and parties will discuss the case on the afternoon following oral argument before the Court. The live webcast will be available once the event begins.
- Prof. Michael Carroll, American University Washington College of Law (Moderator)
- Felicia H. Ellsworth, WilmerHale, counsel for respondent Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Jason W. Melvin, Finnegan, counsel for amicus curiae AbbVie, Inc.
- Matthew Levy, Computer and Communications Industry Association, counsel for amicus curiae Computer and Communications Industry Association
- Jim Crowne, American Intellectual Property Law Association, counsel for amicus curiae AIPLA
Whether the Federal Circuit erred in holding that a defendant’s belief that a patent is invalid is a defense to induced infringement under 35 U.S.C. § 271(b).
Brief of Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Brief of Intellectual Property Owners Association
Brief of United States
Brief of AbbVie Inc.
Brief of American Intellectual Property Law Association
Brief of Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
Brief of MUSC Foundation for Research Development
Brief of Biotechnology Industry Organization
Brief of Public Knowledge, et al.
Brief of Sixteen Intellectual Property Law Professors
Brief of EMC Corporation, et al.
Brief of Computer & Communications Industry Association
Brief of DeLorme, et al.
Brief of Generic Pharmaceutical Association
Brief of Electronic Frontier Foundation
Brief of Askeladden L.L.C.
Brief of Professor Saurabh Vishnubhakat
SCOTUSblog Entry: Commil USA, LLC v. Cisco Systems, Inc.