Date TBA | Room TBA
Oral Argument: January 21, 2014 | Post-argument discussion rescheduled due to weather
American University Washington College of Law
Directions and Logistics | Registration (for in-person attendance and CLE)
The live and archived webcast will be available on this page once the event begins. No registration is required for the webcast.
In PIJIP’s ongoing Supreme Court Series, a panel of counsel for amici and parties will discuss the case on the afternoon following oral argument before the Court.
Issue: Whether the nonstatutory defense of laches is available without restriction to bar all remedies for civil copyright claims filed within the three-year statute of limitations prescribed by Congress, 17 U.S.C. § 507(b).
- Brief of petitioner Paula Petrella
- Brief amici curiae of Southwestern Law Students Orly David, and Andrew Pruitt, and Professors Robert C. Lind and Michael M. Epstein
- Brief amicus curiae of California Society of Entertainment Lawyers
- Brief amici curiae of Professor Robin Feldman
- Brief amici curiae of Authors Guild, Inc., et al.
- Brief amici curiae of Douglas Laycock, et al.
- Brief amicus curiae of Ralph Oman, Former Register of Copyrights of the United States
- Brief amicus curiae of American Intellectual Property Law Association in support of neither party filed
SCOTUSblog Entry: Petrella v. Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer, Inc.