Oral Argument: January 21, 2014 | Post-argument discussion cancelled due to weather
American University Washington College of Law
Issue: Whether the nonstatutory defense of laches is available without restriction to bar all remedies for civil copyright claims filed within the three-year statute of limitations prescribed by Congress, 17 U.S.C. § 507(b).
- Brief of petitioner Paula Petrella
- Brief amici curiae of Southwestern Law Students Orly David, and Andrew Pruitt, and Professors Robert C. Lind and Michael M. Epstein
- Brief amicus curiae of California Society of Entertainment Lawyers
- Brief amici curiae of Professor Robin Feldman
- Brief amici curiae of Authors Guild, Inc., et al.
- Brief amici curiae of Douglas Laycock, et al.
- Brief amicus curiae of Ralph Oman, Former Register of Copyrights of the United States
- Brief amicus curiae of American Intellectual Property Law Association in support of neither party filed
SCOTUSblog Entry: Petrella v. Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer, Inc.