April 21, 2014 | Room 603
4:00pm registration; 4:15 program; 5:45pm reception
American University Washington College of Law
In PIJIP’s ongoing Supreme Court Series, a panel of counsel for amici and parties will discuss the case on the afternoon following oral argument before the Court.
Issue: Whether the court of appeals erred in holding that a private party cannot bring a Lanham Act claim challenging a product label regulated under the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
- Brian Boynton, Partner, Wilmer Hale
- Rebecca Tushnet, Professor, Georgetown Law School
- Samuel Gedge, Associate, Wiley Rein LLP
Moderated by Prof. Christine Farley, American University Washington College of Law
- Brief amicus curiae of the United States
- Brief amicus curiae of International Trademark Association
- Brief amicus curiae of Generic Pharmaceutical Association
- Brief amicus curiae of Alaska, et al.
- Brief amicus curiae of FDA Commissioner Dr. Donald Kennedy
- Brief amicus curiae of The American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Brief amici curiae of Public Citizen, Inc., et al.
- Brief amicus curiae of Dr. Michael Friedman, Former Acting Commissioner and Lead Deputy Commissioner for the United States FDA
- Brief amicus curiae of American Beverage Association
- Brief amici curiae of The Chamber of Commerce of the United States of America, et al.
- Brief amicus curiae of DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar