Opinion of the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal Board: Blackhorse v. Pro Football.
PIJIP Documents and Video
- WCL IP Clinic Statement: USPTO Cancels Washington NFL Team Trademark Registration.
- Law Professors Brief, authored by PIJIP Professors Victoria Phillips and Christine Farley and Signed by 33 Professors. Brief of Law Professors as Amici Curiae in Support of the Petitioners, Harjo v. Pro-Football Inc.
- Natasha Dhillon, Justin Hemmings, Maggie Scales, and William Stanley, Student Attorneys at the WCL IP Clinic. 11 Reasons to Ignore the 10-Year-Old Annenberg Survey About the Washington Football Team’s Offensive Name.
- PIJIP panel discussion Susan Harjo and others. Initiative to regulate commercial appropriation of names, symbols, and modes of cultural production associated with traditional and indigenous communities
- Robert McCartney’s for the Washington Post, quoting Professor Farley). Board Rules for Dictionary over Redskins’ Feeble Attempts to Defend Team Name.
- Darren Rovel for ESPN, quoting Professor Farley. Patent Office: Redskins ‘Disparaging.’